Sunday, July 15, 2012

Egg in a Hole!

I know, my title sounds funny :)  I had a couple of entries planned for this weekend, and I didn't get a chance to get to them yesterday because we had to go pick up my brother and his family at the airport at the last minute, and then my oldest nephew Wyatt decided he wanted to spend the night, so I spent the rest of the day after we got home hanging out with him. . . especially since he says I'm his favorite Auntie, lol.


Anyway, back to my title. Today I wasn't feeling well, so I was cuddled up on the couch most of the day reading and in my book they mentioned that they had "Egg in a Hole" for breakfast.  So, when it came to dinner time, I was still feeling a little blech, and spaghetti that Mom made just didn't sound good to me. So, I looked up how to make Egg in a Hole. I remember my Grandmother used to make it for me when I was really little, but I wasn't quite sure how she made it.


So, I googled it, and found the simple directions on The Pioneer Woman's site! So, I thought I would share the link with you in case you wanted to make Egg in a Hole! It was simple and so yummy and the perfect comfort food when you aren't feeling 100%, even Wyatt loved it!  It brought back a lot of memories for me too :)


Okay, hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow and I will get the couple entries I had planned posted, along with some (not so great) pictures of airplanes landing from yesterday!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!




<3

2 comments:

  1. My dad used to make them - we called them eggs in a frame. I always thought the best part was eating the bread he cut out of the middle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that was my nephew yesterday! He liked it cooked, but he wanted the center part of my bread and his bread :)

      Delete