Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cooking!

I have always loved to cook, and haven't really been cooking much until the last few days! I've forgotten how fun it is to get in the kitchen and create things! The other night I made a simple speghetti for the family with a nice salad and of course garlic bread!


Yesterday I made a yummy macaroni and cheese for me and my husband. Just a simple mac and cheese (unfortunately out of a box because I didn't have the pasta I needed) that I doctored up with some roasted chicken, sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese. It turned out great! The sharp cheddar really added a good flavor!


Tonight the hubby and I are going to have a date night dinner at home (it's just cheaper that way!). He's going to grill up some steaks, I think I'll flavor them simply with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then I'm making sour cream and onion mashed potatoes (lots of sour cream and some scallions), and freshly roasted asparagus (olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and some lemon juice) as our vegetable. Haven't decided if I'm going to make dessert or not, I may just send him to get us some frozen yogurt from our favorite place!


Tomorrow I'm going to make an old recipe that my Aunt's former roommate used to make for us all the time, pasta fagioli (elbow macaroni, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, onion and lots of garlic), but of course I'm doctoring it up a little and putting in some italian sausage for some added flavor and protein! And of course a nice salad and garlic bread to go with! 


I've got the cooking bug again, and I love it! I'm going to start trying to cook more often, it's cheaper and healthier, and I have tons of recipes to try!


Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment