Tuesday, January 3, 2012

As 30 Looms in the Distance. . .

The other night Susan and I were talking about turning 30. . .she's a couple years younger than me, she's lucky. Me on the other hand, I will be 30 in a little over a month. I keep saying I'm not turning 30, that I am going to turn 29 again this year. I don't know why I don't want to turn 30, I just don't like leaving my 20's I guess.


Anyway, Susan said that I really should have a "Dirty 30" party or do something fun. I want to plan something, but at the same time, I don't. I tried to plan a Vegas trip a few months ago for my birthday weekend. Everyone was all onboard, then in November I start asking who's going to go, and no one wants to go now, or they don't remember me asking them if they want to go to begin with.


So now I'm not sure what to do. Anything that sounds interesting to me is just way out of our budget right now. . . and I feel like I shouldn't have to plan my birthday party myself. I feel like it will make me look self-centered. 


*Sigh*


I need to get started on that letter to my new penpal, I've been procrastinating as I really hate writing first letters. . . ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment