Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bowling!!!

Every Wednesday night my husband and I bowl in league. I'm not very good yet, but I'm getting there. He has been bowling for years! Well, last night was a really exciting night!! I am so proud to say that my husband bowled his third 300 game!! It's a huge accomplishment to get one 300 game, a perfect game! But to have 3?? I am beyond proud! We hadn't met when he got his first, but I was happy that I was there for the one last night and the second one 18 months ago.


Every time you bowl a 300, you get to choose between a ring or a plaque. The first ring went to his Mom after he bowled his second 300, the second ring he wears as it is the most important 300 game to him. I should mention that the second 300 game was bowled on the one year anniversary of his Dad passing away, it still gives me chills to think about it, and it is by far the most important. Before his Dad got sick with cancer they would bowl on leagues together and to bowl a perfect game on that day was surreal for both of us. We know his Dad was with us that night and helping his son out :)


So, this third ring he is giving to me! It's his first 300 being married. But he had already said his next ring would be mine :)  So anyway, I just wanted to have a proud wife moment, because I am thrilled for my wonderful hubby!!


This is what the ring will look like! 


In case I don't get a chance to post, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment