Friday, September 28, 2012

One Year Wedding Anniversary Stay-cation! (Photo Heavy!!)

Yay! I finally got my camera to connect to the computer last night! This post is very photo heavy. I went ahead and did collages of a lot of them because there were almost 200 individual pictures! Yeah, I take a lot of them, ha ha.

Anyway, onto what we did. . . . 


~SUNDAY~


 We started off with going to see the musical my Aunt directed for the second time! It's called "Cowgirls" and this is closing weekend, almost every weekend of the run was sold out!



The cover of the play bill, the little round  color photo is a scan of coasters that they tossed out at the end of the show. My Aunt gave me a couple because I wasn't lucky enough to catch one, lol.

~Monday~

We decided to play tourist in our own city. So we went to Old Town San Diego and spent the night there after sightseeing the whole day.




Yeah, I see a fake person and have to act like I'm visiting with him, LOL.
Wells Fargo Museum, a lot about the stage coach and pony express, pretty cool!

Top pictures: Old Town was not made for tall people, as demonstrated by my 6ft5in hubby! ha ha. Bottom Pic: The love of my life :)

Amazing lunch! Pizza had pesto sauce (instead of tomato sauce), sun dried tomato, artichoke hearts, grilled chicken, & pepperoni. It was so yummy!! And we had to try a Cannoli for dessert (equally yummy!!).

One of our stops was my favorite place to go, The Whaley House! America's Most Haunted has named it the most haunted place in America! Quick little story, my mom's uncle has told me this story my whole life. About 40-50 years ago he worked for a security company and they did the system for the Whaley House. A few nights a week he would get a call that the alarm was going off and he'd go down there. The place would be locked up tight with no sign of anyone trying to break in. I talked to the docent that was working on Monday and she said it still happens about once or twice a week. Creepy! :)


Outside of Whaley House, the sign, and the steep & narrow staircase.
Mr. Whaley rented out part of the house as the courthouse.
Dining Room.

The Theater upstairs. The stage is so tiny! I can't believe they put on shows/concerts on that stage!

Bedrooms

Guest Bedroom.
Mr. Whaley's office and the sitting room. It's actually one long room with a large archway separating them.

So, that was a big part of our day! But it was fun, as always. Even though I got startled. I heard loud, heavy footsteps behind me and I turned expecting to see my husband, but he was in another room down the hall and came out thinking it was me. The docent was sitting in her chair downstairs reading a book (I could see her from where I stood) and no one else was in the house at the time. . . I think it might have been Mr. Whaley, lol.

The old cemetery. It was covered over and there are actually grave sites under the street :(

Randomness.

Yummy rootbeer! The cartoon drawing the hubby talked me into, I think he looks like "Sloth" from "The Goonies" ha ha.
Had dinner (and margaritas) at Old Town Mexican Cafe. The food was amazing. This is a scanned picture, they took it at the restaurant and the hubby wanted to buy it when we saw it, lol.

Where we stayed. Champagne we saved from our wedding (like the fancy glasses? ha ha). And my hubby posing to show everyone how short the shower head was at the hotel. It was even short for me, I had to practically bend in half to wash my hair, lol.


~Tuesday~

Neither one of us slept very well, so we were slow moving and took advantage of having a checkout at noon. We enjoyed a free breakfast (bagels, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, orange juice, I know I'm forgetting some stuff that they offered) at the hotel before we headed over to Balboa Park (where we got married). We forgot to go visit our ceremony venue because we were on the other side (about 2 miles away) on the park. We took advantage of resident free Tuesdays and went to the Aerospace Museum!

Outside the Aerospace Museum.

Next to the museum is the old starlight bowl, it's an outside theater. I spent many summers going to shows here, unfortunately they went bankrupt as live theater is a dying art these days. Many fond memories, wish they still had shows.
I thought this was a cool display at the museum. 


Space exploration!

Lots of airplanes!

Anything and everything to do with flight and past wars.


Love the Blue Angels.

Amelia Earhart display, I spent a lot of time reading and looking at this display, such a sad story.

Had to get pictures of the US Airmail plane and truck! Yay for Penpalling!!

So, that was our stay-cation! It was a great couple days away, even if we were only 30 minutes away from home!


Rusty missed us! When went to bed Tuesday night he tried to join us, but since he's such a bed hog, we kicked him out. The sock is on his paw because he cut his pad again, so he was all wrapped up so it would heal. He's better now and back to walking on all four legs instead of hopping on three.


Tomorrow I'm hoping to take advantage of some free time and catch up on mail. I had an unexpected visitor today, my niece. So we spent the afternoon watching Disney Princess movies (Sleeping Beauty & The Little Mermaid) and then cooking shows on Food Network. . . it was funny, she loved them! She kept getting upset when they would go to commercial, ha ha!

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and has a lovely weekend! 

<3

1 comment: