Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quick Update on my Aunt

As I mentioned in my earlier post, my Aunt LuLu is in the hospital battling an infection in her foot. She is diabetic, so an infection in this area is not a good thing as diabetics typically have poor circulation in their legs and feet. 

Anyway, yesterday they did an MRI and found an abcess. She had surgery this afternoon to clean the infection out. They were able to get it all out and the best news is that there was no infection or damage to the bones of her feet, which is what everyone was worried about. She currently has a wound vac in. If everything looks good she will have surgery again on Friday to take out the wound vac and close up the wound. I'm going to visit her tomorrow after the hubby wakes up from his nap :)

Good night everyone!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment