Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Incoming and Birthday Cake!

The hubby's birthday was good! He says he had a good day, even though he slept through most of it, lol. Anyway, my redvelvet cake turned out great! Although I know a few things for next time:

1. Use a little more food coloring (lol).
2. Put more frosting in between the layers.
3. Pay attention so that I don't buy fat free cream cheese for the frosting.

The cream cheese frosting recipe I got from my cousin, because I mess up frosting recipes every time. Her's is simple, for every 8 oz of cream cheese, use 1 cup of powdered sugar. Simple, just have to let the cream cheese soften for awhile. The first time I used it, the frosting came out amazing. This time, my frosting was runny, I added an extra cup of sugar, and it was still pretty runny. Couldn't figure out why. . . my cousin asked if I used light. . . oops, I accidentally bought fat free, for some reason, light and fat free make your frosting runny. . .so anyway, it didn't look the best, but it tasted great! :)

We don't have round pans, so I had to use square, lol.

I dusted the top with coacoa powder to try and make it look a little prettier, lol.

It was yummy! :)

Here soon I'll have golf pictures posted from last week, I plan on getting that posted at some point today.

And now for my incoming!

From Melissa.

I love the notcard! The puppy reminds me of Rusty when he was a puppy :)

So, that's all for me. Had a busy day yesterday with my youngest nephew and my niece, they were here all day. So we had lots of fun.

Oh, if everyone could please take a moment and say a little prayer for my Aunt. She was in the hospital for 4 days, then came home for one night, and is now back in the hospital. She has an infection in her foot and yesterday they found that it was an abcess. So she is supposed to have surgery today. Hopefully everything turns out okay. So, if you could say a prayer for her, it will be very much appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks decently red!! Actually, it looks like it would make a great cake for a strawberry shortcake themed party (just something about the color).

    ReplyDelete