Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hello Out There!

Good news, my thumb is feeling better! Still keeping it wrapped good, but I was able to cook dinner for the family tonight, so that was a good thing! But more about that in a minute.


I am so anxious to use my new golf clubs that I was doing a few practice swings in the back yard tonight and discovered that as long as my thumb is wrapped up and has good padding, golfing doesn't bother it, so I'm off to the driving range in the morning, I am way too excited over this! :)


Also, a book a week to post a review about seems to be a little too much for me lately, I'm only half way through the first book I planned to do it with and it's been almost 2 weeks since I started it. Oops :/


Now, onto what I made for dinner tonight. Last night my brother made shredded beef tacos in corn tortillas, so yummy!  So tonight we had some left over shredded beef and a stack of fresh uncooked flour tortillas that needed to be used up.


So, I mixed together the shredded beef and a can of refried beans, to help stretch what was left of the beef (although I can't tell you how much there actually was, maybe a cup and a half).  I spread a little row (probably about 2-3 tablespoons) of the meat mix in a line at one end of a tortilla and then sprinkled it with a little bit of cheese and rolled them up. I heated about a half an inch to maybe 3/4 inch of vegetable oil in a deep skillet and placed my roll-up seam side down and fried it, then flipped it with tongs and fried the other side. If the oil is hot, it takes about 3 minutes a side, just until they are golden brown. And presto! Home-made flautas. Unfortunately the frying part is really bad for you, but for a once-in-a-while treat, it's not that bad, and it was quick and easy and a great way to use up left over stuff in the fridge!


Sorry if my directions are confusing, I should have taken pictures, and I never measure when I'm creating in the kitchen! 




<3

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry - I make my life up as I go and never stop to take step by step photo-directions either. ;)

    ReplyDelete