Sunday, June 17, 2012

Driving Range!

So, last Wednesday morning we loaded up the car with our golf clubs and headed to the driving range!


It was my first time at this particular driving range, about 20 minutes from the house, but it was a really nice one. I realized that I stink at golf, but I had fun and I know that in time and with a lot of practice I will get the hang of it. I LOVE my new clubs!  Well, they are used, but new to me! :)


Hard to tell, but at the end of the green grass, it's actually a slope down to the dead grass, lol.

My golf clubs! My bag is so nice, the shoulder harness is incredibly padded making it easy to carry it. It looks like they are really heavy, but they are surprisingly light!

The hubby.

He has such a nice form!

I, on the other hand, look stiff as a board in all the pictures he took of me, gonna take awhile for me to get comfortable and to learn the right form and swing.

Yup, still stiff as a board and wearing my signature flip flops, guess I'm going to have to suffer and start wearing my tennis shoes to the range. . . bummer.




So, we're going to be trying to go to the range once a week for awhile. My biggest goal is to be ready to golf what is called a short-course (18 holes and all of them are Par 3, longest hole is about a 100 yards) by September.  If I do okay there, and if I am driving the ball well (150+ yards) I want to be ready for a 9 hole course by October).  I decided that as I have done with my bowling, I'm going to set golfing goals for myself because it tends to help motivate me, and it's such a great feeling when you achieve a goal that you've been working towards!


First thing though, I really need to get a golf glove, my grips are nice and soft, but they were still irritating my hands, I have highly sensitive skin.  So, I'm going to be shopping around for a glove here over the next few days.


Oh, and real quick before I go, made an old side dish with dinner in a new way!  We were grilling steaks for Father's Day, and Mom, hubby and I all enjoy zuchini, so we grilled it! Mom usually puts butter on it after cooking it, I seasoned it before grilling though and it was so much better! I sliced them length-wise down the middle and rubbed the inside flesh side with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with a little bit of sea salt, grilled them for about 10-15 minutes until fork tender and they were so good! The slight amount of oil and salt just brought out the natural flavor and the grill flavor was amazing!  Just thought I would share.


Finished two books this week, so I'll probably talk about those tomorrow, also coming this week will be incoming/outgoing mail. :)


Hope everyone had a great weekend!  And Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful Dads out there!




<3

No comments:

Post a Comment